This guide will show you how to renew your Blackwater Valley Canoe Club membership using the BVCC website. If you wish to pay for your membership by means other than PayPal (i.e. by cash or bank transfer) then please speak to us at one of our sessions and we will renew your membership manually. If you do not currently have a BVCC membership to renew then please see the How to apply for a membership page.
How to renew a membership
- If you are not already logged into the BVCC website then you should do so by visiting the Log In page.
- Once you have logged into the website navigate to the membership page. On this page you will see a list of the various membership levels the club offers, along with their associated price. The membership you currently possess will appear in bold text, and the button on the right will say “Renew” rather than “Select”. The memberships page can be seen in the image below, in this case an “Adult (Pay as you Paddle)” membership is being renewed.
- Click the “Renew” button next to your current membership, you will then be taken to the membership checkout page. At the top of this page you will see a description of the membership you are renewing. There is also a discount codes listed for those who are paid members of British Canoeing. If you wish to apply this code, or any other code, then click the link marked in the image below to enter your code. If you apply a discount code you will see a confirmation message appear on the page and the cost of your membership will decrease accordingly. All the details you entered when you applied for your membership should be preserved, as you scroll down the page please take time to ensure they are still up to date and correct.
Note: If you choose to make use of the British Canoeing discount code then you are required to tick the box confirming that you have a British canoeing membership and provide your membership number, expiry date, and proof of membership (e.g. a photo / scan of you membership card or a copy of your digital membership card).
- When you have confirmed all your details are correct you should tick the box to confirm you agree to the membership terms, then click the “PayPal Checkout” button to pay for your membership with PayPal. The membership terms checkbox and PayPal button can be seen below.
- Once you have completed the PayPal checkout process you will be returned to the memberships page. You must scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Complete Payment” button in order to complete your renewal. The complete payment button can be seen below.
- Once you click the button you will be taken to a confirmation page and will receive a confirmation email. The confirmation page can be seen below.