Date(s) 10/07/2020 - 12/07/2020
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 10th-12th July 2020
Time(s): There shall be options to join for all or part of the weekend or event just both daytime’s. Majority shall arrive on Friday and then spend all of Sat/Sun daytime paddling. Expect to be ready to leave the accommodation at 9am each day, as shuttles take a while and we want to ensure there is plenty of daylight and get off the water at a reasonable hour.
Type: Family Touring Weekend
Suitability: All Levels and Mixed Types of Craft
Location: Thames Valley
Accommodation: The club shall be using campsites for this trip final details still to be confirmed (alternatively you can book your own accommodation nearby)
Food: Please arrange your own Friday evening meal, breakfast, lunches and plenty of drinks, and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport your lunches in. On the Saturday evening if the weather is good we shall plan to go to local shop to obtain BBQ food each or otherwise find local pub/restaurant or alternatively you might like to just cook your own food.
A perfect trip for getting out there and paddling with the whole family or as an individual. The trip is a relaxed, flat water trip, suitable for all skill levels and mix of craft types in the beautiful Thames Valley. The river itself is perfect for beginners, being that there’s many opportunities to try out some of the skills that you may have been practising at the lido. The trip offers opportunity to travel a good distance each day subject to the group if you are still relatively new to Paddlesports it is worth considering use of a touring kayak or doubling up in an open canoe.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED