White Water Sessions – Weir 18.09.2022
Download this event to my calendar - iCal
Time(s)1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Bookings Open: available from 5pm on 18/08/2022, 1 month before the session (volunteers can sign up immediately)
Booking Cut Off: closes from 5pm on 16/09/2022, 48 hours before the session
Type: White Water Session – Weir
Suitability: confident on flat water and capsizing with a spray deck
Location/Venue: Weir (1pm-4pm) – We shall use a variety of locations providing an opportunity to explore local weirs (approx. 30-60mins travel time from Aldershot). As the locations shall also be based on water levels, conditions and the abilities of those signed up, we shall only confirm the final location shortly after the bookings close.
All of our white water sessions use a variety of venues rotating between Local Weirs, Nene White Water Course and Lee Valley White Water Course. These have been chosen to help offer venue locations that will provide something for everyone at differing levels, so both entry level and more advanced paddlers can all be welcome to join in.
The sessions are aimed to support participants to
- learn the basics of how to manoeuvre a craft in moving water
- progressively building up necessary skills for more advanced or longer trips
- practise existing white water river skills
- practise freestyle skills
Kit/Equipment Hire: Equipment is always available for use at official club activities however there is no equipment stored onsite for these events, so if you require to equipment please complete a hire request. We highly recommend where possible that you are able to transport your own kit, however understand not everyone has a van or roof rack especially those new to the sport, if this is the case ensure you fill in your request soon as possible. Equipment should be collected at the Wednesday Mixed/Open (pool, lido, canal) Session before the event and returned the following Wednesday after. You can read more about our equipment, hire and usage here.
PLEASE ADD FULL NAMES FOR EVERYONE YOU ARE BOOKING FOR IN THE COMMENTS AND ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP US ACCOMIDATE YOU SUCH AS IF YOU REQUIRE USE OF CLUB EQUIPMENT
If you want bookings to appear in your "my bookings" you will require to log in if you have not already done so.
Event Expectations and Terms
- We strongly advise use of bank transfer for payments
- Arrive ready to paddle (where applicable) and always let us know when you have arrived
- Adhere to latest Event Booking Terms
- Adhere to latest Equipment Hire and Usage Terms
- Adhere to latest Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to latest official Government COVID-19 Advice