White Water Sessions (Autumn/Winter 2021)
Download this event to my calendar - iCal
From 2021-10-02 to 2021-11-28, Sunday every 2 weeks
Booking Cut Off: 48 hours before the start time
Type: White Water Session
Description: We have chosen a variety of venues targeted at differing levels, so both entry level and advanced level can join in. At the sessions you can opt for coaching to learn the basics for learning how to manoeuvre a craft in moving water and progressively build up to more advanced skills.
Location/Venue(s): Varied, we shall be rotating our fortnightly sessions between the following three types.
- Nene(morning 10am-1pm) – The Nene is great beginners who have just done a few taster sessions and was one of the UK’s first pumped artificial white water course, they don’t provide additional throw line safety cover so the club is required to provide its own.
- Lee Valley (Legacy 1:30pm and/or 2:30pm, Olympic 3:30pm) – The site was built for the Olympics and great for progressive paddlers and intermediates offering two different levels of course and safety cover is provided. You are however required to book and complete an assessment if its your first time, so if you are interested in these sessions make sure you book to get your assessment in early for the date we are next there
- Weir (1:30pm-4:30pm) – An opportunity to explore local weirs, we shall choose the locations based on water levels and the abilities of those signed up
Kit/Equipment Hire: Equipment is always available for use at official club activities however there is no equipment stored onsite for these events, so if you require to equipment please complete a hire request. We highly recommend where possible that you are able to transport your own kit, however understand not everyone has a van or roof rack especially those new to the sport, if this is the case ensure you fill in your request soon as possible. Equipment should be collected at the Wednesday Mixed/Open (pool, lido, canal) Session before the event and returned the following Wednesday after. You can read more about our equipment, hire and usage here.
CHECK WHICH DATE THIS EVENT SIGN UP AGAINST THE TIME TABLE BELOW.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO BOOK AND PAY FOR ANY CENTRE ENTRY FEES AT THE MAN-MADE WHITE WATER COURSES IN ADVANCED AT THE CORRECT TIMES.
|03/10/2021||Weir (1:30pm-4:30pm) – Final local weir location(s) are subject to conditions and will be confirmed the Wed/Thu before|
|17/10/2021||Lee Valley (Legacy 1:30pm and/or 2:30pm, Olympic 3:30pm)|
|14/11/2021||Weir (1:30pm-4:30pm) – Final local weir location(s) are subject to conditions and will be confirmed the Wed/Thu before|
|28/11/2021||Lee Valley (Legacy 1:30pm and/or 2:30pm, Olympic 3:30pm)|
PLEASE ADD FULL NAMES FOR EVERYONE YOU ARE BOOKING FOR IN THE COMMENTS AND ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP US ACCOMIDATE YOU SUCH AS IF YOU REQUIRE USE OF CLUB EQUIPMENT
If you want bookings to appear in your "my bookings" you will require to log in if you have not already done so.
Event Expectations and Terms
- We strongly advise use of bank transfer for payments
- Arrive ready to paddle (where applicable) and always let us know when you have arrived
- Adhere to latest Event Booking Terms
- Adhere to latest Equipment Hire and Usage Terms
- Adhere to latest Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to latest official Government COVID-19 Advice