Touring: Symounds Yat to Monmouth Day Trip (02.10.2022)
Download this event to my calendar - iCal
Booking Cut Off: available to book until 30/09/2022 at 1pm
Schedule: Arrival 10am, anticipate being on the water until 2/3pm.
Type: Touring Grade 1/2
Suitability: Confident with Capsizing with a Spray Deck
Location: Meeting at Symounds Yat, Ross-on-Wye, South Wales, HR9 6JL
Food: Please bring with suitable lunch, snacks and drinks and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport them in.
We shall be starting at the same location as the white water paddlers as Symounds Yat, and may stop for one or two runs of the rapids but ultimately will continue on to Monmouth!
- Symonds Yat: The river Wye meanders through this village and popular tourist destination which straddles the River Wye in England. Famed for its natural river scenery and wooded expanses, Symonds Yat Rock is a limestone outcrop rising some 500 feet rising from the banks of the River Wye. There is a small section of rapids where we can play and enjoy at our leisure and repeat the section multiple times to practise and learn river skills.
Kit/Equipment Hire: Equipment is always available for use at official club activities however there is no equipment stored onsite for these events, so if you require to equipment please complete a hire request. We highly recommend where possible that you are able to transport your own kit, however understand not everyone has a van or roof rack especially those new to the sport, if this is the case ensure you fill in your request soon as possible. Equipment should be collected at the Wednesday Mixed/Open (pool, lido, canal) Session before the event and returned the following Wednesday after. You can read more about our equipment, hire and usage here.
PLEASE ADD FULL NAMES FOR EVERYONE YOU ARE BOOKING FOR IN THE COMMENTS AND ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP US ACCOMIDATE YOU SUCH AS IF YOU REQUIRE USE OF CLUB EQUIPMENT
If you want bookings to appear in your "my bookings" you will require to log in if you have not already done so.
Event Expectations and Terms
- We strongly advise use of bank transfer for payments
- Arrive ready to paddle (where applicable) and always let us know when you have arrived
- Adhere to latest Event Booking Terms
- Adhere to latest Equipment Hire and Usage Terms
- Adhere to latest Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to latest official Government COVID-19 Advice