The Great Big Green Week in Blackwater Valley (25.09.2021)
Download this event to my calendar - iCal
The Blackwater Valley Friends of the Earth are hosting an event to promote “The Big Green Week!
The would like as many as possible to join them in an informal journey along the Blackwater Valley Path between Rowhill Nature Reserve in Aldershot to Sandhurst with others who support action on climate change. You can join and leave the Path at any point, getting there by using sustainable local transport such as buses and trains, start and end when you like, go at your own pace and walk or cycle as far as you choose. Look out for our leaflets at various points on the route telling you about our organisations and their work and how we can offer suggestions as to how you could reduce your carbon footprint.
It would be great to meet you at Rowhill Nature Reserve, Moor Green Lakes, Tice’s Meadow, Queen Elizabeth Park for discussion and walks to celebrate the nature in our local area.
There are a number of activities and groups also taking part (with the option for us to also organise our own group activity too!).
- Rowhill Copse – an afternoon tour. The centre will also be open for the day.
- Tices Meadow – volunteers will be at the birdwatching area from 10 til 4 with binoculars and able to discuss what is going on there.
- Cove brook – A walk starting from Blunden Hall in the afternoon plus information from the Cove Brook Society
- Moor Green Lakes Nature Reserve – a guided tour from a Natural History expert – unsure of time
- Bike Ride – a led bike ride from North Camp to Rowhill and the onto Tice’s Meadow returning via the Blackwater Valley River on the cycle friendly sections. This will start at 10. 00 am
- Queen Elizabeth Park Farnborough – a guided tour of the park in the morning plus a led walk to the Blackwater Valley
For more information get in touch with email@example.com
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED