Time(s)1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 20th September 2020
Time(s): 13.00 (aim to be off the water by about 16.00)
Type: SUP (Stand up Paddle Boarding)
Suitability: All Levels
Food: Please bring with suitable lunch, snacks and drinks and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport them in.
Location: Basingstoke Canal Centre – Mytchett Place Rd, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 6DD (View Map). There is a barrier but usually this is open during the daytime.
We are planning on heading out to our local spot, the Basingstoke Canal for a social paddle on SUP, this will be a fantastic opportunity to use skills from the lido for anyone who has not taken this type of craft out on a canal or river before with other club members who have.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED