PLEASE ADD FULL NAMES FOR EVERYONE YOU ARE BOOKING FOR IN THE COMMENTS
Time(s)9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Date(s): Saturday 12th June 2021
Time(s): Meet at 10am, on the water for 10:30/11am, a few of us are booked at the pub for lunch at 2:30pm, we had to book in advanced so if anyone else would like a table you will now require to book with them directly.
Type: Gentle Touring (approx 3-3.5 hours)
Suitability: All Levels
Bankside Access: It does look like on the map that there is a possible to walk along most of the sections, you can walk along the Thames section using Shiplake Public Footpath and then whilst there is a small section you can’t follow, you can pick back up again along Loddon Drive (although water visibility maybe limited) and then from there you can re-join back up to the main road and get to the George and Dragon.
Location: The St George & Dragon, High St, Wargrave, Reading RG10 8HY (view map)
Food: Please bring a drink and snacks for the river, we have booked for 12 people for lunch at the George and Dragon Pub.
We plan to paddle from the George and Dragon Pub up the Thames over 1 lock and back down St. Patrick’s Stream, and so have booked lunch in at the pub as its car park is right along the riverside. If we find we get a significant amount of interested however we split into two groups and have one group do an alternative route as described here.
St Patrick’s Stream is a delightful tributary and backwater of the river Thames, near Wargrave in Berkshire. The stream flows from the Thames dropping off about five feet over two miles, joining the River Loddon which then flows back into the Thames. There is a small flow that meanders around picturesque bends.
This event is FREE.
At times when club activities are able to operate, participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably return, and only return if the current stage we are operating at applies to them. The club may increase or decrease the reopening stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage on the day before arriving at any activity.
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces
- Avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Read the latest Hire Terms regarding club equipment hire and usage
We are open for all competency levels.
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED