Date(s) 01/04/2021 - 31/05/2021
Currently under the current Covid-19 restrictions, we cannot provide our normal club per activity equipment use.
The “Spring Hire” is a special event booking we have created to allow our members to request equipment hire from us.
We understand many of you don’t have your own equipment, and we would like our members to be able to make the most of being able to use the waterways, and support our members with their mental and physical wellbeing during this challenging time.
There is also only a limited amount of equipment we have access to, so it is both essential that you book and return equipment in a timely fashion so we can fairly let others then book the equipment after you.
The booking hire shall be for sole use of equipment, for the duration of the hire and last for approximately 2 months starting anytime after 8:00am on 1st April 2021 (subject to when you book) with all bookings regardless of collection date finishing on the 8pm on 31st May 2021.
The hiring terms apply from the point you collect the hire item(s).
The club has decided to it will offer this hire booking free of charge for the hire period indicated to support its members.
This service shall only be available to those who hold one of the clubs paid membership levels and you will be expected to wash any kit and equipment with clean water and leave it to dry for 72 hours both after collection and before return. At the end of the hire period you shall either be required to re-book in the new system or return and items you hold.
We would like all our members to be safe on the water, so in order to use this service we expect you to hold an appropriate safety qualification or at a minimum complete the British Canoeing Introduction to Paddlesports eLearning and watch the following British Canoeing Safety Video.
Bookings shall only be accepted up until 11:30pm on 24th May 2021.
If you would like to hire equipment for this period please book on this event using the form below and add any specific hiring details on what craft, paddle (or as much relevant measurements such as, height, weight, etc.) in the comments to help us pair you up with some equipment.
We shall get in touch with after your booking is approved to confirm the equipment details, collection and return details.
Any questions please get in touch with email@example.com.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED