Time(s)1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Date(s): 10th October 2020
Time(s): 13.00 (aim to be off the water by about 16.00)
Type: Touring (Locally)
Suitability: All Levels
Location: Sam Newark Lane Car Park, Closest post code is GU23 6DP.
Food: Please bring with suitable lunch, snacks and drinks and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport them in.
Come and join us for an afternoons paddle (or walk) along the river Wey!!
The Wey Navigation paddle starting and finishing from Sam Newark Lane Car Park. The car park is on the left hand side of the road when coming from Ripley and about 200m from the traffic lights for the single lane bridge which goes over the River Wey.
The paddle is suitable for all and all craft. There is one lock to Navigate past but there will be help with this.
There is a height barrier at the car park but when it was recently checked it was not in position.
We will decide on the day whether to start going up or down river, unless we have heavy rain the flow of the water will be low.
There is a path which runs alongside the river for those who don’t want to paddle, if we go up river there are usually cows in the field with the path.
At times when club activities are able to operate, participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably return, and only return if the current stage we are operating at applies to them. The club may increase or decrease the reopening stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage on the day before arriving at any activity.
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Read the latest Hire Terms regarding club equipment hire and usage
- Respect venue procedures
- Book in advanced (including those on the bank)
- Be able to self-rescue
- Bring your own equipment and hand sanitiser
- Keep to 6 per group (including those on the bank)
- Can play contact games of canoe polo with up to 7 players (5 with 2 subs) each side and 2 referees (but during training remain in your team bubbles)
- Be considerate of others
We are currently CLOSED for club activities, but as we reopen we will operate back at Stage 3.
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED