Time(s)1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 7th June 2020
Time(s): 1:30pm (approx. 1-3hrs)
- 1:30pm – Arrivals
- 2:00pm – Start of Treasurer Hunt
- 2:30pm – Changing Time, Later Arrivals
- 3:00pm – Start of Taster Session
Type: Introductory Taster Sessions to Moving Water
Suitability: For the main taster session you should be confident capsizing ideally with a spray deck, however for those that are not there is some neighbouring flat water that is suitable for all levels too.
Location: Coxes Lock, Bourneside Road, Addlestone, KT15 2JD
Food: Please bring with suitable lunch, snacks and drinks and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport them in.
We shall once again be hosting another introduction to moving water with an opportunity to learn the basics of moving flow and practice ferry gliding and use of edge control. Please note there are no changing facilities or toilets at this site and that it is a residential area so please be mindful of others in the area if changing or using the paths.
We shall start with the treasurer hunt suitable for everyone youth and adults included at 13:30 that shall last for approx. 30 mins followed by the taster session approx. 60 mins long. The introductory session shall start on the flat, progress to the flow and then up to the slide. Due to the nature of Cox’s Lock the session its possible to spectate the whole session and so it shall also be possible for you to leave at any point during the session so long as you let the volunteers know. Sometimes the session will even be extended if there is sufficient volunteering and participant interests to do so.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED