Time(s)7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
From 2020-06-03 to 2020-07-29, Wednesday every week
LocationAldershot Lido, Aldershot Lido, Guildford Road ,
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): Wednesdays throughout June – August
Type: Open/Mixed Session
Suitability: All Levels / 8+ Years
Location: Aldershot Lido, Guildford Road, Aldershot GU12 4BP(View Map).
Cars can be parked at the usual Lido Car Park and you can enter through the lido side gate.
The lido is a fantastic large venue for trying the sport for the first time or practising those skills you would prefer not to do at the canal.
Aim to arrive around 5-10 mins before the session time to provide a bit of extra time to get ready, you should only enter the venue when you can see that both a lifeguard and senior volunteer is present. You must ensure you register and collect a bib before getting changed with all members of your party present when registering. Our volunteers will do the best they can to get you on the water as soon as is possible, however you should only enter the water once you have, registered, a volunteer has ensured you have adequate and correctly fitted safety equipment and the duty volunteers in florescent orange bibs have said it is safe to do so.
At times when club activities are able to operate, participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably return, and only return if the current stage we are operating at applies to them. The club may increase or decrease the reopening stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage on the day before arriving at any activity.
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Read the latest Hire Terms regarding club equipment hire and usage
- Respect venue procedures
- Book in advanced (including those on the bank)
- Be able to self-rescue
- Bring your own equipment and hand sanitiser
- Keep to 6 per group (including those on the bank)
- Can play contact games of canoe polo with up to 7 players (5 with 2 subs) each side and 2 referees (but during training remain in your team bubbles)
- Be considerate of others
We are currently CLOSED for club activities, but as we reopen we will operate back at Stage 3.
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED