Time(s)7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
From 2020-06-03 to 2020-07-29, Wednesday every week
LocationAldershot Lido, Aldershot Hampshire GU12 4BP
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): Wednesdays throughout June – August
Type: Open/Mixed Session
Suitability: All Levels / 8+ Years
Location: Aldershot Lido, Guildford Road, Aldershot GU12 4BP(View Map).
Cars can be parked at the usual Lido Car Park and you can enter through the lido side gate.
The lido is a fantastic large venue for trying the sport for the first time or practising those skills you would prefer not to do at the canal.
Aim to arrive around 5-10 mins before the session time to provide a bit of extra time to get ready, you should only enter the venue when you can see that both a lifeguard and senior volunteer is present. You must ensure you register and collect a bib before getting changed with all members of your party present when registering. Our volunteers will do the best they can to get you on the water as soon as is possible, however you should only enter the water once you have, registered, a volunteer has ensured you have adequate and correctly fitted safety equipment and the duty volunteers in florescent orange bibs have said it is safe to do so.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED