Time(s)7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
LocationBasingstoke Canal Centre, Camberley Surrey GU16 6DD
Type: Open/Mixed Session
Suitability: All Levels / 8+ Years
To enter the site a barrier code is required, we recommend you email us, to request the code before you arrive. Once you enter the site aim to follow down to the far side where the campsite is.
The canal is a great opportunity to move your skills from the pool to an outdoor sheltered environment. We vary which route we take each week taking a gentle strolling pace along the canal.
Aim to arrive around 20-30 mins before the session to ensure you have sufficient time to change and be ready to help with getting out necessary equipment. Our volunteers will do the best they can to get you on the water as soon as is possible, however you should only enter the water once you have, registered, a volunteer has ensured you have adequate and correctly fitted safety equipment and a senior volunteer has said it is safe to do so. Everyone is responsible for helping to return and sponge down the equipment at the end of the session before heading home.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED