Time(s)6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
From 2020-08-27 to 2020-09-17, Wednesday every week
Type: Open/Mixed Session
Suitability: All Levels / 8+ Years [SUBJECT TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS]
To enter the site a barrier code is required, we recommend you email us, to request the code before you arrive. Once you enter the site aim to follow down to the far side where the campsite is.
The canal is a great opportunity to move your skills from the pool to an outdoor sheltered environment. We vary which route we take each week taking a gentle strolling pace along the canal.
Aim to arrive around 20-30 mins before the session to ensure you have sufficient time to change and be ready to help with getting out necessary equipment. Our volunteers will do the best they can to get you on the water as soon as is possible, however you should only enter the water once you have, registered, a volunteer has ensured you have adequate and correctly fitted safety equipment and a senior volunteer has said it is safe to do so. Everyone is responsible for helping to return and sponge down the equipment at the end of the session before heading home.
At times when club activities are able to operate, participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably return, and only return if the current stage we are operating at applies to them. The club may increase or decrease the reopening stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage on the day before arriving at any activity.
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Read the latest Hire Terms regarding club equipment hire and usage
- Respect venue procedures
- Book in advanced (including those on the bank)
- Be able to self-rescue
- Bring your own equipment and hand sanitiser
- Keep to 6 per group (including those on the bank)
- Can play contact games of canoe polo with up to 7 players (5 with 2 subs) each side and 2 referees (but during training remain in your team bubbles)
- Be considerate of others
We are currently CLOSED for club activities, but as we reopen we will operate back at Stage 3.
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED