Date(s) 14/02/2020 - 16/02/2020
CANCELLED – DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER WARNINGS !
It looks like another storm is due in for this weekend “Storm Dennis” and the met office is already predicting more heavy rain fall, flooding and risks of power cuts. For this reason, rather than wasting time with everyone packing up kit etc. we think it’s only fair to cancel the trip and inform the scout hut of our decision.
Date(s): 14th-16th February 2020
Time(s): We shall arrive on Friday and then spend all of Sat/Sun daytime paddling. Expect to be ready to leave the accommodation at 9am each day, as shuttles take a while and we want to ensure there is plenty of daylight and get off the water at a reasonable hour.
Type: Beginner/Intermediate White Water
Suitability: Confident with Capsizing with a Spray Deck (whilst not essential we highly recommend doing a Moving Water Taster Session or Man-Made White Water Course first)
Location: North Wales
Accommodation: The club has booked the 1st Trevor Scout Hut, Heol Penderyst, Trevor, Llangollen LL20 7UD (alternatively you can book your own accommodation nearby)
Food: Please arrange your own Friday evening meal, breakfast, lunches and plenty of drinks, and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport your lunches in. There will be an option of finding a pub/restaurant on the Saturday evening, or alternatively you can stay at the accommodation and cook your own food.
Come and join us for a white water trip to North Wales!
Paddling, Games, More Paddling and Fun! North Wales whilst seemly further to go than some locations has a great offering for white water paddlers.
Every effort will be made to ensure a good weekend of paddling, but please remember that it is a weather-dependent sport, so there are no guarantees!
The Tryweryn is a dam released river that feels natural, not to far from the Bala. It has a highly variable upper section with a more tame lower section. Often referenced as the Northern ditch due to its shallow nature, but a beautiful few sections all the same.
The river Dee is a classic North Wales run, holding water that is paddleable throughout the year it is probably one of the most frequently paddled rivers and navigates through the fantastic town of Llangollen which also has its highlights too offering a great view of town falls.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED