CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 15th November 2020
Time(s): The final times are to be confirmed.
Type: Beginner/Intermediate White Water
Suitability: Confident with Capsizing with a Spray Deck (whilst not essential we highly recommend doing a Moving Water Taster Session first)
Location: Nene White Water Course, Bedford Road, Northampton, NN4 7AA
Food: Please bring with suitable food, snacks and drinks and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport them in.
The Nene is great for anyone who is just starting out in Freestyle/White Water or has done a moving water taster session and wants to take a step to the next level. Its a relatively small, easy to access course, great for coaching and a great place for a day out as a paddler or spectator. We shall be heading over for their “Park and Play” session as a group, you don’t need to book on but it can be worth ringing ahead a day or two in advanced just to check the conditions are good and that they will be open.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED