Time(s)10:00 am - 4:00 pm
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 23rd May 2020
Time(s): 10.00 – 16:00
Type: Introductory Taster Sessions
Suitability: All Levels / 8+ Years
Location: Aldershot Lido, Guildford Road, Aldershot GU12 4BP(View Map).
Food: There is a typically food sold on site or you can alternatively bring with suitable lunch, snacks and drinks.
Once again we shall be setting up to run taster sessions as part of the OPEN DAY at the lido.
We shall meet in the car park at 9:50am and go in together at 10am so the lido staff know who we are to let us in. Typically we then will setup the Marquee for the jazz band, put up flags and get out the boats (usually the sit on tops). Similar to family camp we run several 20-30mins sessions, that will be open to anyone already paying to be at the lido for the day. These usual start on the hour until half past every hour and then the diving board is open for the latter half hour. We typically start the first one at 11:00 with that last one at 15:00 (although this can change, subject to demand on the day).
We would be grateful for any help on or off the water, but also encourage members to make the most of this opportunity to bring friends and family to have a try, so let us know if you are planning to attend.
This event is FREE.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED