Time(s)10:00 am - 4:00 pm
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 23rd May 2020
Time(s): 10.00 – 16:00
Type: Introductory Taster Sessions
Suitability: All Levels / 8+ Years
Location: Aldershot Lido, Guildford Road, Aldershot GU12 4BP(View Map).
Food: There is a typically food sold on site or you can alternatively bring with suitable lunch, snacks and drinks.
Once again we shall be setting up to run taster sessions as part of the OPEN DAY at the lido.
We shall meet in the car park at 9:50am and go in together at 10am so the lido staff know who we are to let us in. Typically we then will setup the Marquee for the jazz band, put up flags and get out the boats (usually the sit on tops). Similar to family camp we run several 20-30mins sessions, that will be open to anyone already paying to be at the lido for the day. These usual start on the hour until half past every hour and then the diving board is open for the latter half hour. We typically start the first one at 11:00 with that last one at 15:00 (although this can change, subject to demand on the day).
We would be grateful for any help on or off the water, but also encourage members to make the most of this opportunity to bring friends and family to have a try, so let us know if you are planning to attend.
This event is FREE.
At times when club activities are able to operate, participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably return, and only return if the current stage we are operating at applies to them. The club may increase or decrease the reopening stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage on the day before arriving at any activity.
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Read the latest Hire Terms regarding club equipment hire and usage
- Respect venue procedures
- Book in advanced (including those on the bank)
- Be able to self-rescue
- Bring your own equipment and hand sanitiser
- Keep to 6 per group (including those on the bank)
- Can play contact games of canoe polo with up to 7 players (5 with 2 subs) each side and 2 referees (but during training remain in your team bubbles)
- Be considerate of others
We are currently CLOSED for club activities, but as we reopen we will operate back at Stage 3.
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED