Time(s)12:00 am - 4:00 pm
LocationAldershot Lido, Aldershot Hampshire GU12 4BP
Type: Taster Session
Suitability: Beginners Sessions 8+ Years
Cars can be parked at the usual Lido Car Park and you can enter through the lido side gate.
We are once again running taster sessions at the lido for the lido opening day, this are only available to those using the lido so we shall release the bookings around 8am on the day.
Once you have paid and entered the lido, you can then sign your name in below and then come over to us 5mins before your time slot on the day!
We shall be running 4 x 30min sessions for up to 6 people.
The lido is a fantastic venue for trying the sport for the first time or practising those skills you would prefer not to do at the canal.
As usual we require volunteers to help setup the gazebo for the bands and help participants getting on and off the water and supporting kit fitment. Sharing of equipment also requires to be minimised as much as possible so we shall need to setup a plan to split equipment into unused and used locations, and where re-use is necessary we will need a washing station so equipment can be fully washed off between uses.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED