Time(s)1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 31st October 2020
Time(s): 1:30pm (approx. 1-3hrs)
- 1:30pm – Arrivals
- 2:00pm – Halloween Games
- 2:30pm – Changing Time, Later Arrivals
- 3:00pm – Start of Taster Session
Type: Introductory Taster Sessions to Moving Water
Suitability: For the main taster session you should be confident capsizing ideally with a spray deck, however for those that are not there is some neighbouring flat water that is suitable for most levels too.
Location: Shepperton Weir, Lock Island, (behind Shepperton Lock) Ferry Lane, Shepperton, Middlesex TW17 9LW
Food: Please bring with suitable food, snacks and drinks and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport them in.
We shall once again be hosting another introduction to moving water with an opportunity to learn the basics of moving flow and practice ferry gliding and use of edge control. We shall start with some Halloween games suitable for everyone youth and adults included at 13:30 that shall last for approx. 30 mins followed by the taster session approx. 60 mins long. The introductory session shall start on the flat, progress gradually onto the flow. Due to the nature of the venue its possible to spectate the whole session and so it shall also be possible for you to leave at any point during the session so long as you let the volunteers know. Sometimes the session will even be extended if there is sufficient volunteering and participant interests to do so.
Although we are intending to run the session at Shepperton and every effort will be made to ensure a good evening of paddling, please remember that it is a weather-dependent sport, so there are no guarantees the event could be subject to last minute venue changes if the condition is not considered safe.
At times when club activities are able to operate, participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably return, and only return if the current stage we are operating at applies to them. The club may increase or decrease the reopening stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage on the day before arriving at any activity.
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Read the latest Hire Terms regarding club equipment hire and usage
- Respect venue procedures
- Book in advanced (including those on the bank)
- Be able to self-rescue
- Bring your own equipment and hand sanitiser
- Keep to 6 per group (including those on the bank)
- Can play contact games of canoe polo with up to 7 players (5 with 2 subs) each side and 2 referees (but during training remain in your team bubbles)
- Be considerate of others
We are currently CLOSED for club activities, but as we reopen we will operate back at Stage 3.
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED