Date(s) 21/08/2020 - 23/08/2020
CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 21st-23rd August 2020
Time(s): You can join fro all or part of the weekend. The majority of us shall arrive on Friday and then spend all of Sat/Sun daytime paddling. Expect to be ready to leave the accommodation at 9am each day and we want to ensure there is plenty of daylight and get off the water at a reasonable hour.
Type: Beginner Sea Kayaking
Suitability: All Levels
Accommodation: The club shall be using Snelling Farm Campsite. For those of you who don’t do old fashioned map reading you can enter these longitude and latitude co-ordinates in to your Sat Nav: 50.719875, -2.256937, i it is quite tricky to find so worth making a note of their directions. (alternatively you can book your own accommodation nearby)
Food: Please arrange your own Friday evening meal, breakfast, lunches and plenty of drinks, and ideally a sealed tub and dry bag to transport your lunches in. On the Saturday evening if the weather is good we shall plan to go to local shop to obtain BBQ food each or otherwise find local pub/restaurant or alternatively you might like to just cook your own food.
A relaxed day or weekend paddling off the beautiful Dorset coastline. There is a mix of paddling opportunities in this amazing part of the country with on of our typical favourites starting at Knoll Beach in Studland and paddling out to Old Harry Rocks.
At times when club activities are able to operate, participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably return, and only return if the current stage we are operating at applies to them. The club may increase or decrease the reopening stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage on the day before arriving at any activity.
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Read the latest Hire Terms regarding club equipment hire and usage
- Respect venue procedures
- Book in advanced (including those on the bank)
- Be able to self-rescue
- Bring your own equipment and hand sanitiser
- Keep to 6 per group (including those on the bank)
- Can play contact games of canoe polo with up to 7 players (5 with 2 subs) each side and 2 referees (but during training remain in your team bubbles)
- Be considerate of others
We are currently CLOSED for club activities, but as we reopen we will operate back at Stage 3.
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED