CANCELLED – READ OUR COVID-19 STATEMENT
Date(s): 3rd May 2020
Type: Coaching and Volunteer Update
Suitability: Water activity based volunteers.
Location: Local Venues such as the Lido, Yately and the Canal will be used throughout the day.
Food: Please arrange your own lunch and drinks.
The Southern Regional Development Team are looking at how they might run a coaching update directly with clubs. Blackwater Valley Canoe Club have been provided an opportunity to try it out. The day will count as an official coaching update for all coaches, but also welcomes those volunteers who coach but don’t hold formal qualifications too.
Whilst this list isn’t finalised, the sorts of things covered could include things such as:
- Current Risk Assessments
- Standard Operating Procedures for regular club activities
- Group briefings
- Site specific operation (local weir, back waters and main river)
- Specific craft refresher (SUP, Kayak, Canoes), including Safety Skills and Rescues
- How to report a Safeguarding concern or an incident/ near miss
- Storage of equipment and how to report defects
We will have an opportunity to review the list above and tweak elements that are suited to our current requirements for coaches.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED