Time(s)8:00 pm - 8:45 pm
From 2019-10-02 to 2020-03-25, Wednesday every week
LocationYately Manor Preparatory School, Yateley Surrey GU46 7UQ
This indoor pool is a small warm venue suited for practice those skills you don’t want to practice outside in the winter time. There is a very limited capacity of approx.8-12 in boats per session.Cars can be parked around to the left by the side gates and the pool is located directly through the gates on the left hand side.
Date(s): Wednesdays throughout October – March
Aim to arrive around 5-10mins before the session time to provide a bit of extra time to get ready, you should only enter the venue when a senior volunteer is present. You can self register AFTER getting changed, however you should only enter the pool area once a senior volunteer with first aid qualification is present. Our volunteers will do the best they can to get you on the water as soon as is possible, however you should only enter the water once you have, registered, a volunteer has ensured you have adequate and correctly fitted safety equipment and the duty volunteers have said it is safe to do so.
Type: Open/Mixed Session
Suitability: All Levels / 8+ Years
Location: Yately Manor Preparatory School, 51 Reading Road, Yateley GU46 7UQ (View Map)
As you enter the school, the car park closest the pool is to the left. Opposite this car park is a gate, to reach the pool, walk through the gate and the pool is just on the left hand side.
The indoor pool is a small warm venue suited for practice those skills you don’t want to practice outside in the winter time.
Limited Capacity: Booking is essential, as there is limited capacity at the pool MAX 8-10 boats on the water (subject to the size of boats), the sessions are released for the following week, during the current session each week. If you book a session please give it 1 or 2 days before booking a second week running so as to provide a fair opportunity to those who did not attend to book on the next week.
The club is now open to everyone of all competency levels; should the Covid-19 situation change the club may have to return to placing a minimum competency level upon participants. Should this happen participants shall be expected to self-assess at what stage they can suitably participate. The club may increase or decrease the stage at any point so please check back against the event or guidance to check the stage before arriving at your activity. See our COVID-19 Guidance for more details on the club's different reopening stages.
Everyone should continue to:
- You must register for sessions on arrival (including spectators and volunteers)
- Arrive ready to paddle
- Bring your own mask and hand sanitiser
- Respect venue procedures and one way systems
- Make every effort to book in advanced including spectators and volunteers as this will help us speed up the check in process
- Payments by bank transfer are strongly advised, where cash is necessary please bring exact money
- Masks should be worn and person limits followed in enclosed spaces such as boat stores and changing rooms
- Please limit use to one craft per person per session and avoid sharing equipment
- All equipment must be washed or sprayed with disinfectant after/ between uses
- Read the Blackwater Valley Canoe Club COVID-19 Guidance
- Adhere to the latest social distancing and official government advice
- Read the latest Event Booking Terms regarding club activities
- Whilst you will not be required to book equipment, please read and adhere to the latest club equipment hire and usage terms
This event is fully booked.
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED