Learning is an integral part of personal development in Paddlesports and our volunteers are always happy to help with skills development or recommend options to continue support your personal development goals, through our development plan.
When there is enough interest we also help facilitate courses with either internal or external providers.
Tips for Development
- Find inspiration by researching the types of structured courses on the British Canoeing website pages for building skills, coaching and leadership
- Ask other members in the club to help demonstrate or talk you through various skills
- Take a look at centers or man-made course facilities which might offer paddler progression courses or bespoke coaching
- Ask for a club paddler progression card for the award you are working towards or create your own
- Check out the programme on our Programme
- Not on our program? Have a chat with our Coaching and Development Officer email@example.com
- Utilise the club Facebook Group to arrange peer paddling events for like minded paddlers
- Engage in the wider paddling communities and external events that suit your interests, many events and competitions also offer workshops
- Find videos on skills you’d like to learn – then most importantly get on the water and try it!