We are a community centric canoe club run by volunteers welcoming all individuals and families of any level aged 8 years +
So what are you waiting for… pop along and “come and try it” for yourself!
- Mucking in at Family CampOn Saturday 23rd April Blackwater Valley Canoe Club once again decamped from the Lido, over to Garner’s Field Campsite to support the Farnham Scouts family camp. Each year the Farnham District Scouts hold their Family Camp where all the Scouts, and their families, from the Farnham District can enjoy a weekend of fun activities. In … Read more
- A pleasant end to the canal seasonOur spring canal sessions ended with a very enjoyable (and surprisingly sunny) paddle on Wednesday evening. Turnout was good and everyone enjoyed themselves. We’ll now be having a 2 week break from Wednesday sessions and then it’s back to the Lido on the 1st June! We have plenty going on in the meantime though: Sunday … Read more
- Happy New Year’s (paddle)!Happy New Year’s everyone! The club was back paddling on Sunday 2nd January with our annual New Year’s paddle. This year we went for a nice social paddle along the river Wey into Guildford. After meeting at the Guildford Waterside Centre, nineteen club members paddled just under two miles up the River Wey to Millmead … Read more
- An update on our winter pool sessionsThere will be no indoor pool session on Wednesday 3rd November 2021 as we are having a week off. We shall release bookings for the next 5 weeks of sessions on the 3rd November 2021. Bookings will be released for all sessions at once so you can secure and pay for a block of your … Read more
- A productive day down the boat storeOn Saturday 25th September a group of the club’s volunteers spent over five hours at the boat store carrying out maintenance. In that time they were able to get though inspecting the majority of the club’s boats and noting any required maintenance work to be carried out over the winter period. Many boats were also … Read more